- Clean the crab and remove the gills. Then chop into bite-sized pieces, breaking the claws with a hammer or a heavy object such as a pestle, so that the sauce can penetrate into it.
- If using tiger prawns, cut the back of the prawn with a sharp knife or scissors and remove the vein.
- Heat a wok or large saucepan and add the jar of Chilli and Ginger Sauce. Add the fresh crab pieces and claws and mix with the sauce in the pan to ensure an even coating of all the pieces.
- Cover with a lid on a low heat for about 15-20 minutes to allow the steam to cook the crab. For tiger prawns, adjust the time to about 10 minutes (this will vary depending on the size of the prawns).
- Just before serving, break an egg into the sauce and stir through to thicken and add flavour to the dish.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and garnish with the chopped spring onions and sliced chilli.
Jar of Chilli and Ginger Sauce or 2 jars if you want a more saucy dish, fresh crab or fresh tiger prawns in their shell, egg
- Spring onions, Red chilli