Sautéed Asparagus, Pea Veloute and Crispy Prosciutto
New Forest Asparagus spears, peas, pea shoots, prosciutto, cream, butter, milk, mint, Shallots
- Finely dice the shallots and sauté until soft
- Add the peas and milk to the pan and bring to the boil
- After 2-3 minutes add the Mint and then blend, gradually adding the butter until smooth.
- To remove any small pieces, pass through a fine sieve.
- Sauté the asparagus in a pan on medium heat with a splash of oil.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt & pepper and a small knob of butter.
To plate the dish spoon a small amount of the pea volute in the middle of a plate, arranging the asparagus on top, garnish with pea shoots and crispy prosciutto pieces.